Exciting times are ahead for the Cheltenham Junior Football Club as the new committee has been announced to lead the 2020 season, promising to bring new energy, innovation and increased participation for the kids.
As Cheltenham enters it’s 30th brithday celebrations, newly appointed President Michael Brookes says going forward, the Club, the footy and the on and off field support is all about the kids.
“We are one club. We play together, work hard together, commiserate and celebrate together”, he said.
“We also agreed as committee members we would all focus on our appointed roles, ensuring a seamless and high quality operating committee that is professional, organised , responsible and accountable”, he said.
2019 ended on a really high note for the club, after successfully hosting each week of the finals and celebrating the premierships for our first girls team (U14 Girls), the Lightening Carnival (U10’s) and the U16 boys. An absolute outstanding achievement for the Club and the league.
Other Club achievements worth mentioning are:
- 2019 was very strong for the Club with approximately 380 registrants, including four girls teams
- A very successful Auskick program, claiming to be one of the biggest and best in our region
- A very strong and supportive sponsor family with more expressing interests already for 2020
- Friday night football continued to grow with four rounds in the 2019 season, and SMJFL representative rounds.
- Excellent relationships with Kingston Council and fellow sports clubs including Le Page Park Cricket Club, The Cheltenham Panthers Netball Club, SMJFL,
- Cheltenham Rosellas, the Old Mentonians Football Club, St Kilda Football Club and local politicians.
- Five players were selected to represent SMJFL and three players were selected to represent U16’s Sandringham Dragons.
- Very strong financial position, allowing the new committee to further invest in the Club.
- An outstanding $212k grant was awarded from the Government to install match quality lights on Oval 2, ready for use for the 2020 season.
- The 2019 Committee have left a positive legacy for the new members to forge new opportunities, investments and increase participation for the kids and their families.
The new committee members for 2020 are:
President: Michael Brookes
Vice President & Head of Football: Jason Louey
Secretary/General Manager Administration: Bree Vallance
Treasurer: Vicki Warner-Sheers
Club Register: Shelley Connelly
Communications Team: Catherine Jenner and Paulina Xerri (website, social media, media and newsletters)
Maintenance and Buildings: James O’Hara & Rod Carr
Auskick: Jon Morgan
Team Manager Coordinator: Peter Ursprung
Family nights and Social: Frank Meo
Apparel & Milestones: Jason Jenner & Darren Moser
Equipment Manager: Aaron Reiter.
Bar Manager: Anthony Gillbee
The club has also announced the 2020 CJFC Coaching Coordinator, Lou Colella.